Who we are
Cape Farewell employs artists and creative thinkers at its operational core. We employ people who are prepared for no one day to be the same as the next, but who are also able to help develop and drive a strategy allowing us to manage a wide range of activities in a sustainable and effective way. We think this equips us in the right way to tackle climate change.
We operate as a small team at the centre of a large amount of activity, working closely with a wide range of partners and collaborators. We are regulated on a quarterly basis by our board of trustees.
- David Buckland, Founder and Director
- Ruth Little, Associate Director
- Yasmine Ostendorf, Programme Director
- Marente van der Valk, Project Manager
- Susie Steven, Finance Manager
Advisors and Consultants
- Colin Izod, Education Director
- Suba Subramaniam, Education Director
- Siôn Parkinson, Curator, Universities Programme - Shortcourse|UK
Board of Trustees
- Andrew McMillan (chair)
- Simon Boxall
- Fiona Morris
- Prof Chris Wainwright
- Michael Wilson (OBE)
- Simon Reddy
- Sue Fisher
- Dr Heide Hackmann
Cape Farewell is looking for a new artist to engage with the Rural Artist Residencies Programme!
Join us at the Gustav Metzger - Facing Extinction Conference at UCA Farnham, 7-8 June.
Hanna Tuulikki's piece performed on the Isle of Canna this Aug, before migrating to Tramway, Glasgow
Cape Farewell's summer at the Hay Festival, RSC, BBC Proms, Luminato and Southbank Centre.